Saturday, March 30, 2013

      I read a very interesting article this morning from Refinery 29. Refinery 29 is a blog that discusses anything from fashion to celebrities to food. Here is a link to the post: http://www.refinery29.com/fashion-secrets?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=fash. On the 3rd page of the slideshow, they say shoes are far too expensive for what they're worth. I had finished my swimsuit this morning and it got me thinking. Swimsuits are also overpriced. The swimsuit on the upper left is the swimsuit I made last year. The swimsuit on the upper right is the swimsuit I finished this morning. Both were around $25. There are many problems with both of them. Even if I were more skilled when it comes to sewing, the price would still be cheap. Nowadays, swimsuits for women can cost anything starting at about $40. This is kind of like gold. It has the value it has because we gave it that value. Gold could have just been a shiny metal that cost a few bucks.







No comments:

Post a Comment